This Beautiful Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake is low carb, keto, nut free, decadent and delicious!
Making a sugar free, delicious cheesecake is not as hard as you think and is every bit as luscious as you’d want! Don’t let cheesecake intimidate you because this recipe is fool proof and will make any non low carb keto crowd drool over!
Choosing your favorite sweetener is important because that can make or break your liking of a keto dessert. I’ve been enjoying using Monk Fruit and I always love using erythritol, the Swerve brand. But today’s recipe comes from a guest blogger who has developed his own sweetener blend which you might like. However, any sweetener should work in this recipe.
I first learned about Aaron through his popular youtube channel and then followed him on Instagram for his gorgeous photos. He graciously invited me on his podcast and we had a fantastic time! I knew that he was an expert in desserts so I asked him to share a new recipe for all my readers. I have my own delicious cheesecake recipes like my2 Minute Cheesecake and my Crustless Cheesecake, but I did not have a chocolate cheesecake and Aaron was glad to oblige to this request! He even made it nut free knowing my own son has a tree nut allergy. Please welcome Aaron!
Hello, readers of SugarFreeMom.com, my name is Aaron day, and I am the author/blogger over at https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au
Thanks to Brenda, I’m going to be showing you how to create a delicious chocolate cheesecake that has a nut-free base, and is rich and decadent, just as a chocolate cheesecake should be.
For those who have not heard of me before, I’m an Accredited Nutritional Therapist, Clinical Weight loss Practitioner and Advanced Sports Exercise Nutritional Adviser, and Author of The Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook.
This keto chocolate cheesecake is made chocolate flavored by using cocoa powder, instead of melted dark chocolate, since most dark chocolate contains sugar.
Cocoa powder is much easier to work with, but if you do decide you want to use real chocolate instead, I would suggest using 100g (3.5oz) melted stevia-sweetened chocolate, and adding it to the filling after adding the eggs. You might also want to reduce the sweetener by one tablespoon if doing this method.
Expert Tips For This Recipe:
- Instant coffee is used to give a rich depth of flavor to the chocolate but is not 100% necessary. Feel free to leave this out if you don’t have any around, or switch with 1oz espresso.
- Baking this cheesecake in a water bath will always give you the best results and prevent the top from cracking. However, if you’re lazy like me, you can simply place this cheesecake in the oven as normal. The temperature is already quite low, and it already contains enough liquid inside the filling.
- I have used this brand of monkfruit sweetener https://store.fatforweightloss.com.au/products/monk-fruit-erythritol-sweetener. It can be shipped internationally, but if you don’t want to pay for the shipping from Australia, Lakanto, Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol would be the closest alternative, which is readily available in the United States.
- But for those who prefer to cook from a cookbook, you might want to purchase a copy of the Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook. With 80 easy recipes and beautiful photography throughout, Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook is the ultimate compilation of FatForWeightLoss Desserts. Burn fat, boost your energy, and enjoy the desserts you love. In no time, you’ll be making everything from low-carb cakes and cookies to pies, fat bombs, shakes, ice creams, candies, and smoothies. Every low-carb recipe is sugar-free and includes essential macros along with clear, easy-to-follow instructions for making virtually any sweet treat you’d ever want. Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook will satisfy even the most persistent sweet tooth, but without all the sugar and excess carbs!
Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake
Creamy, rich and incredibly decadent this Keto Chocolate Cheesecake is a keto indulgence any time of year!
Prepare the Crust
Combine all base ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Firmly press the base mixture evenly in the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a lined 9” springform pan. Bake at 350
(180C) degrees for 10. Set aside to cool completely. Lower oven temperature to 300F
Prepare the Cheesecake
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a handheld or stand mixer until creamy. Add the cream and sweetener, mix well to combine.
Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix well after each egg. Mix in the cocoa powder, vanilla and the instant coffee (if using), pour the batter into the prepared crust.
Place the pan into a large roasting pan, place it on the
rack of the oven and add water to the pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
Bake at 300F (150C) degrees for 60 minutes. The outer edges of the cheesecake will be set but center of the cheesecake will be a slightly jiggly and not completely set.
Turn the oven off oven and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for an additional 30
Remove the pan from the water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack, cover and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer cheesecake onto serving platter. Garnish each slice with whipped cream and a slice of strawberry if
Sugar Free Chocolate Cheesecake
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 15g94%
Vitamin A 803IU16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.