Want to learn how to program while helping out charity? This week’s Humble Book Bundle with partner No Starch Press is a great way to spend some cash. You’ll find coverage on many different languages, and it won’t put much of a dent in your wallet in the process.
For as little as a buck, you can pick up a collection of multi-format ebooks to help get you started in programming. And with the No Starch Sampler thrown in as well, you can check to see if something else out there will really tickle your fancy.
Pay a minimum of $ 1
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
- The Linux Command Line: A Complete Introduction
- The Book of F#: Breaking Free with Managed Functional Programming
- Learn Java the Easy Way: A Hands-On Introduction to Programming
- Perl One-Liners: 130 Programs That Get Things Done
- No Starch Sampler
Octuple your investment, and you’ll also get digital books covering Ruby, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, and Lisp. Quite a handy collection!
Pay a minimum of $ 8
- Ruby Under a Microscope: An Illustrated Guide to Ruby Internals
- Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!: A Beginners Guide
- Learn You A Haskell for Great Good!: A Beginners Guide
- Clojure for the Brave and True: Learn the Ultimate Language and Become a Better Programmer
- LandofLisp: Learn to Program in Lisp, One Game at a Time!
Drop three fivers, and you’ll finish unlocking the full $ 463 worth of DRM-free ebooks. Perfect your Python, figure out some neat shell scripts, and learn to crunch some data with R.
Pay a minimum of $ 15
- Python Crash Course: A Hands-On Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- Python Playground: Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer
- Think Like a Programmer: An Introduction to Creative Problem Solving
- The Book of R: A First Course in Programming and Statistics
- Wicked Cool Shell Scripts: 101 Scripts for Linux, OS X, and UNIX Systems
On top of all of those great books, you’ll also be helping Code.org – a non-profit that aims to make CS accessible in schools and to underserved populations. Click the “Choose where your money goes” drop-down, and you’ll even get to decide how much of your purchase goes to charity.
Sale Ends: October 8th, 2018 at 11AM PT
Note: Terms and conditions apply. See the Humble site for more information.
For more great Humble deals, go to TechBargains.